Nayantara Biography, Age, Movie and More
Nayantara is an India-based actress who works predominantly in Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam movies. You may also know her as the “Lady Superstar” of South Indian cinema. Up until now, she has worked in over 75 Nayantara movies.
She made her debut in acting in the year 2003 with a Malayalam movie named Manassinakkare along with Jayaram. Later in 2005, she entered Tamil Indian cinema and worked in the movie Ayya and then a year later in 2006 she was seen in a Telugu movie named Lakshmi. These movies became the foundation of her acting career and helped her gain a lot of popularity among the audience. After that, she worked in multiple movies and made her name in the movie industry. Every other director, or producer wanted to cast her in their movies and over time she gained the title of “Lady Superstar” in the South Indian cinema.
Nayantara movies or Nayantara Filmography
As we mentioned above, Nayantara has worked on over 75 movies since the day she made her acting debut. So, let’s take a detailed insight into her movies :
After working in those respective movie debuts, Nayantara worked in movies Chandramukhi, Rappakal, and Ghajini, all in the year 2005.
Then in the year 2007, she acted in Dubai Seenu, Tulalip, and Billa. Billa was a remake of a Tamil Movie Billa which was released in 1980. Billa became super successful at the box office and gained so much appreciation and acknowledgement for Nayantara. She played the role of Sasha in that movie.
Then subsequently in 2008 and 2009, she worked in Nayantara movies named Kuselan, Satyam, Aegan, Villu, and Aadhavan.
In 2010, she gave 5 back to back hit movies in South Indian cinema. The movies were, Adhurs (in Telugu), Bodyguard (in Malayalam), Simha (in again, Telugu), Boss Engira Bhaskaran (in Tamil), and Super (in Kannada). These movies turned out to be a huge success for Nayantara. She won the Asianet Award for category Best Actress for her movie Bodyguard. She was also nominated for Filmfare Best Actress Award for her movies Simha, Boss Engira Bhaskaran, and Super.
But in 2011, she only worked in one movie named Sri Rama Rajyam by Bapu. This was a mythological movie and she played the role of Sita in it. After that, she took a long 11 months sabbatical from acting and made her comeback later in 2012 with the movie Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum. In this movie, she was seen playing the role of a journalist.
In 2013, she worked in Raja Rani, and Arrambam; in 2015 – Bhaskar the Rascal, Thani Oruvan, Maya, and Naanum Rowdy Dhan; in 2016 – Babu Bangaram and Iru Mugan; in 2017 – Dora and Velaikaran; in 2018 – Kolamavu Kokila and Imaikka Nodigal; in 2019 – Viswasam, Love action drama, Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy and Bigil.
Nayantara actress Wiki or Wikipedia
Real name – Diana Mariam Kuriyan
Nickname – Nayantara or Nayan or Mani
Date of birth – 18 November 1984
Birthplace – Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Nayantara Age – 37 years (as of 2021)
Zodiac sign – Scorpio
Religion – Hinduism
Nationality – Indian
Hometown – Thiruvalla, Kerala, India
Height – in centimeters – 165 cm
In meters – 1.65 m
In feet and inches – 5 ft 5 inches
Weight – 55 kg
Eye colour – Black
Hair colour – Black
Profession – acting
School – Balikamadom Girls high school
College – Mar Thoma College, Thiruvalla
Educational qualification – Bachelor of Arts in English literature
Marital status – engaged
Nayantara husband and previous relationships
- Silambarasan (previous boyfriend)
- Prabhakar Deva (previous boyfriend)
- Vignesh Shivan (fiance, currently)
Nayantara family –
Father – Kurian Kodiyatty
Mother – Omana Kurian
Brother – Lenu Kurian
Sister – none
Nayantara net worth –
Net worth – 80 – 90 crore INR as on 2021
Please note that this is only an estimated net worth as per the sources or media reports and not an actual figure.
Nayantara and Vignesh shivan
Recently in 2021, on being asked in an interview, Nayantara confirmed that she is engaged to Vignesh Shivan. Vignesh is a filmmaker by profession. She further stated that she has no marriage plans as of now. But whenever that happens, she will definitely inform her fans
Vignesh Shivan and Nayantara got engaged in an intimate ceremony in the presence of their family and close friends. The couple is yet to be married.
Nayantara and Vignesh met on the sets of the movie Naanum Rowdy Dhaan and have been in a relationship since then.
Nayantara husband Vignesh Shivan
Vignesh is a filmmaker, film director, actor, and lyricist by profession. He works majorly in Tamil cinema. He has worked in multiple movies, over the period of his career, like sivi, podaa podi, Naanum Rowdy Dhaan, paava kdhaigal, and Kaathu Vaakula Rendu Kadhaai. He has also worked in various music videos, as a lyricist, such as Chancey illa, thangamey, Varava varava, Avalukena, sirikkadhey, showkali, and many more.
Recently Vignesh went to his social media accounts and revealed some unknown facts or secrets about Nayantara and their relationship or marriage plans.
Some interesting facts about Nayantara actress
- Nayantara was brought up by her family as a Syrian Christian
- In 2011, she accepted Hinduism as her nationality in the Arya Samaj Mandir in Chennai, India
- Nayantara’s father, Kurain Kodiyattu was an Indian Air Force Officer by profession
- As a kid, she wanted to build her career in chartered accountancy and wanted to opt for CA as her profession.
- She has won a Filmfare award for her role of Sita in the movie Sri Rama Rajyam
- She has a rudimentary finger on her left hand
- She once participated in a modelling contest and won the runner-up award for the best modelling
- She is the only South Indian (female) actress who has made it to the Forbes India “celebrity 100” 2018 list
- Since her father was an Indian air force officer, she spent her childhood in many multiple parts of India such as Chennai, Jamnagar, Delhi, etc
- She owns house properties in her hometown Kerala and Chennai
- Nayantara husband (fiance as of now) is filmmaker Vignesh Shivan
- She was previously in a relationship with famous actor Prabhu Deva
- Her debut was a Manassinakkare which was released in 2003
- Nayantara Age is 37 years as of 2021
- Her favourite actor is Rajnikanth, Vijay
- Her favourite movies are pokiri and billa
- Her favourite destination is Canada
- Her car collection includes an Audi Q7 and BMW X5
- While shooting for the movie Ayya, Nayantara got a role for a horror movie named Chandramukhi by director P. Vasu
- She attended some part of her school education in Jamnagar and Delhi
- Later she moved to Kerala and finished her schooling there from Balikamadom Girls High secondary school.
- She has done her graduation in English literature from Kerala’s college Mar Thoma College
- She went through shuddhi karma and Homam when she converted her religion from Christianity to Hinduism
- She met Silambarasan on the shoot of the movie Vallavan. Soon after they worked in the movie they started dating each other. Although that relationship didn’t last for long, just a few years.
- She was also in a relationship with Prabhu Deva but rumours are that they had to end that relationship after Prabhu Deva’s wife filed a petition in court seeking directions against him from living in a relationship with Nayantara
Please note that all the facts and information stated above about Nayantara actress are as per the sources or media reports.