Pimple Problems and the Best Solutions
Pimples usually strike during puberty. It is a clog in the skin’s pores due to dead cells and sebum. Pimples are not a skin disease but a symptom. Nevertheless, it is a possible prelude to having acne. Turning it into a severe case can be avoided easily by various treatments. A pimple patch or gel can also help.
Natural Remedies for Pimples
Your kitchen can be the best place to scavenge the best home remedies. Here are some things that you might have:
- Turmeric is anti-inflammatory. It helps reduce the size of the pimple and lessen the skin’s oil. Adding honey to the solution also helps fight off bacteria.
- Chickpea flour helps absorb extra sebum. As a result, it lessens the greasiness of oily skin.
- Fuller’s earth or Multani Mitti prevents pimple breakouts by removing dirt clogs in the skin pores. It is rich in magnesium chloride that serves as a deep cleanser to impurities.
- Lime juice is good for killing bacteria. Its citric acid and Vitamin C component also help in skin brightening.
- Orange, kiwi, and strawberry-like lime juice these fruits are also rich in citric acid. One can make a face mask by blending these three.
- Almonds are a good source of Vitamin E, known to revitalise skin.
- Rosewater-like turmeric, rosewater is anti-inflammatory and good for soothing irritated skin.
- Oats like flour are good for excess oil absorption.
- Mint leaves are known to be rich in Vitamin A and C. It helps get rid of pimples without excessively drying your skin.
- Tea tree oil is the best home solution for pimples. It is anti-bacterial and anti-microbial. Aside from that, it is also known to have soothing effects that relieve pain.
- Yogurt can remove dead skin cells. It is because of the Lactic Acid it contains.
- Aloe vera the anti-bacterial properties of aloe vera help reduce pains and redness of flared-up pimples. It can also serve as an astringent. Lastly, it can reduce scars caused by pimple spots or skin blemishes.
- Papaya contains Vitamin A and C and anti-oxidants. These components are great for preventing the occurrence of acne. Aside from that, papaya is also a good exfoliator.
Over-The-Counter Remedies and What Ingredients to Look For
There are countless over-the-counter medicines on the market for pimple or acne removal. They come in the forms of a pimple patch or drops and cream or gels.
It is essential to know what makes up these products first before thinking of putting them on your face or skin.
Here are some common ingredients that make a good and safe pimple remedy or patch:
- Salicylic acid: reduces swelling and skin redness. It also unplugs skin pores that are blocked by dead cells and dirt.
- Niacinamide helps in minimising pore appearance. It also builds keratin, a protein that is essential for healthy skin.
- Hyaluronic acid, like salicylic acid, also helps reduce redness on a pimple spot. Aside from that, this ingredient is also excellent protection for your skin, especially if you are acne-prone.
- Oligopeptide is an ingredient known to assist in repairing the skin. It is a good trigger to heal pimples, especially when red or swollen and nipped.
- Benzoyl Peroxide kills bacteria and helps reduce oil in the skin.
Saying Goodbye to The Zit
Having a pimple is natural, and it is not something that should be embarrassing. However, it doesn’t mean to say that you should embrace it. Acceptance is a good thing, but why stay content if you can avoid it?